Having the habit to drink water as soon as you wake up will bring you only good things to your body. This habit will offer you great health benefits as it originates even from the ancient Ayurveda. In Indian Sages it is known as Usha Paana Chikitsa, this Sanskrit expression means “early morning water treatment.”
This morning therapy purifies the internal system of the body, helps the body to absorb the nutrients from food and cleanses the colon.
Dr. Fereydoon Batmanghelidj in 1970 introduced this ancient knowledge and acknowledged the fact that water is a real natural elixir. Water has the ability to treat various diseases like diabetes, arthritis, migraines, asthma high blood pressure, and autoimmune disorders.
This doctor was born in Iran in 1931 and graduated from St. Mary’s Hospital Medical School of London University, where he studied under Nobel Prize winner, Sir Alexander Fleming.He returned to his native country where he was imprisoned in 1979 for two and a half years as a political prisoner at the notorious Evin Prison.
While he was imprisoned he discovered the miraculous power of water and treated 3,000 fellow inmates struggling from stress-induced peptic ulcer disease.
His discoveries were revealed in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology in June 1983 and in the New York Times Science Watch.
In 1982, he managed to escape from Iran and came to America, where he started his research on the effects of chronic unintentional dehydration on the human body, and released his findings in 1991 and 1992.
He states that people become chronically dehydrated over time, the body sends signals and signs but they are often mistaken for signs and symptoms of other illnesses.
The Water Treatment Method
When you wake up, on an empty stomach, drink around (1) 8oz glass of fluoride-free water, like distilled water. You need to add minerals back into the water, including some baking soda for alkalinity in order to initiate reverse osmosis. After the consumption of water you need to wait for 45 minutes prior eating or drinking anything. The ideal solution would be to drink a cup of water 30 minutes before meals, and 2 hours after meals.
According to the Japanese Medical Society this treatment requires 10 days for the treatment of constipation and certain gastric issues, and 30 days to treat high blood pressure.
Benefits of Consuming 8oz Glass of Water in the Morning
- The body needs water after seven to eight hours of sleep as it becomes dehydrated, when you drink water, you are enhancing the oxygen flow and aiding in the creation of new blood and muscle cells, which will substantially energize the body.
- It will speed up the metabolism, by amazing 24% for 90 minutes.
- Keeping the body hydrated during the cold and flu season is a must, because it will protect you from illnesses, reduce cortisol levels, and as well as manage stress. It will enhance the immunity and also keep the health of the lymphatic system which directly prevents infections.
- The brain tissue is consisted of 75% water, therefore water is the essence of our being, it supports the brain function, prevents mood swings, and fatigue.
- Water consumption detoxifies the body, cleanses the toxins and impurities, and promotes maximum enzyme function.
According to Kenneth Ellner, an Atlanta-based dermatologist, states, quoting: “Your kidneys do an amazing job of cleansing and ridding your body of toxins as long as your intake of fluids is adequate. Getting fluids into your body right after your wake up will help your body flush out toxins first thing in the morning.”
- Consuming water will make you eat less throughout the day. Many researchers have proven that people who consumed a glass of water before their meals have managed to lose 4.5 pounds within a three-month period, because“it fills up the stomach with a substance that has zero calories”, and people “feel full as a result”.
We are not stating that water is miraculous; it only helps the body to stay healthy and sustains it in life. Our body is mainly comprised of water (72%) which makes proper hydration a vital part of keeping our body in great shape.
The statistics are that 75% of all people are in a chronically dehydrated state, which is a condition that it can be easily solved; therefore drinking a couple of glasses of water in the morning can make a great difference, and offer incredible improvements.
The proper amount of water intake is half your weight in ounces of high-quality, clean, filtered water. If you like to drink caffeinated beverages, then you should drink more water since caffeine gets your body more dehydrated.
Maintaining mineral balance is also very important, for that reason you need to add 1/4 teaspoon of mineral salt, like Celtic or Himalayan sea salt, per quart/liter natural water.