There are many different diseases in this world and there many signs and symptoms to go with them. Your nails may be telling you that you have a disease.
There are different things that can happen, that can lead you to believe that you have a certain disease. The look of your nails, are symptoms of your health, and they could be warning you about a serious health issue. Stains and the thickness could be a warning about internal problems.
- Spoon nail: if your nails curve like a spoon, this could be a sign that you have too much iron, an iron deficiency or a heart disease.
- Pale nail: if they are pale in color, then you could be suffering from anemia, congestive heart failure, diabetes, liver disease or malnutrition.
- Grooved nail: If they have grooves in them you could have psoriasis.
- Cracked nail: if your nails crack easily and they crack regularly, you could be deficient in protein, folic acid, and vitamin C. Cracked nails are usually associated with chronic nourishing and can lead to psoriasis.
- Thick nail: having thick nails is not common or natural so if they are thicker you could have lung problems.
- Dark lines: if you have a dark line or lines under your nails, you could have melanoma. These dark lines look like bruises, but can be very serious if not checked out immediately.