The occurrence of pain on our back may mean that something serious is happening with our body.
According to the National Kidney Foundation more than 26 million Americans are struggling with some kind of disease. Statistics say that 1 in 3 people in the USA are at risk of developing this disease, and the death ratio of a kidney disease is higher than the one of a breast or prostate cancer.
The major risk factors for the occurrence of this disease are diabetes, high blood pressure, family history of kidney failure, and if you are in the age of over 60 years old. In addition to these factors are also the presence of kidney stones, the smoking habit, obesity, and cardiovascular disease.
The kidneys take crucial part in our organism, they are filtering our blood from the contaminants, removing the extra fluid out of the body, controlling the level of electrolyte, regulating the level of blood hormone, managing blood pressure, forming new red cell and maintaining the bones strong and healthy. They function extremely effectively so that even one kidney can do the function of both, meaning the body will survive with having only one of them.
First symptoms of Kidney Failure
- Foamy urine
- Painful and difficult urination
- Having pink, dark urine (meaning blood in the urine)
- Increased urge for urination, especially during the night
- Fatigue and weakness
- Increased thirst
- Puffy eyes
The most harmful negative effect of having unhealthy kidneys is the edema, or otherwise known as water retention. It is manifested by having a swollen face, hands, abdominal area, feet and ankles. This is a result from the loss ability of kidneys to expel the proper amount of fluid or salt out of the body, which eventually may cause heart, liver concerns, or ailments to other important organs.
Therefore, you need to take proper care of your kidneys by consuming beneficial foods for their health.
14 FOODS BOOSTING YOUR KIDNEYS
Here below is a list of all beneficial foods for your kidneys, however you have to have in mind that some of the herbs are not safe for pregnant women and they may interfere with some prescription medication. For that reason, prior use always consult your doctor.
- ApplesThis fruit contains high level of potassium which protects the health of the heart. But, this amount is low for patients on dialysis and for other people that are experiencing kidney problems.
- Celery SeedsThese seeds display anti-inflammatory and anti-stress features which are keeping the kidneys to function accordingly. Likewise, they can act as a diuretic as well. They are also used for the treatments of the liver and spleen conditions.
- CranberriesThese berries commonly are used for preventing infections of the urinary tract (UTIs) as if they are not treated on time they will reach the kidneys and the bladder. Cranberry juice makes the urine more acidic thus preventing from urinary tract infections and as well as from the formation of kidney stones. Plus, it prevents bacteria to attach to the tissues inside the kidneys and the walls of the bladder.
- DandelionThe root of dandelion serves as a diuretic which can eliminate edema and certain signs of PMS. Likewise, its use is helpful in the treatment of digestive disturbances and in elevating the flow of the bile. Native Americans have used this plant for treating kidney disease by boiling it and consuming it as tea.
- GrapesGrape seed and skins involves high antioxidant value thus protecting the kidneys from the damage that can occur as a result of the free radicals and toxins. For that reason, they are used as a preventive measure for kidney disease particularly in high risk group of people or people dealing with obesity. It is recommended to eat 15 grapes during the day that will keep the blood alkaline thereby securing proper function of the kidneys.
- GingerThis root promotes proper blood flow and its use is as well as beneficial in the cleaning of blood from the toxic substances. Plus, it helps in the healing of back pain, which is an early symptom for kidney problems. Likewise, it serves as a digestive tonic which can alleviate indigestion, vomiting, and nausea.
- Gravel rootIt is beneficial for the treatment of certain urinary tract issues such as the urinary or kidney stones, urethra, bladder and kidney infections. It also treats the painful urination.
- Hydrangea rootThis root is beneficial for the humans, but have in mind that it can be harmful for the pets. It is utilized for the treatment of some urinary tract issues like for instance enlarged prostate, kidney stones, infections of the bladder, urethra and prostate.
This citrus fruit is high in citric acid, thanks to which it can prevent and dissolve certain kinds of kidney stones. It has the ability to break down the existing stones and also prevents small stones to become bigger by coating them and preventing materials to adhere and accumulate on them.Marshmallow RootThis root does not taste like the popular sweet treat, but it acts as a diuretic which can enhance the secretion and circulation of urine. It supports the removal of the toxins in the colon, kidneys and liver by which it offers cleaning and recovering of the body.
- Nettle This is a beneficial herb for men who are suffering from prostate issues, which on the other hand can cause an additional stress to the kidneys. It can treat the symptoms of the early stages of an enlarged prostate, including the constant need for urinating, decreased urinary flow, post urination dripping, and incomplete emptying of the bladder.
- ParsleyThis plant can be taken every day for the treatment of the UTIs and kidney stones. It can relieve edema and constipation if drank as a tea.
Furthermore, it can treat hay fever (allergic rhinitis), or when applied topically it can treat insect bites, joint pain, tendonitis, sprains and strains.
- TurmericIt is an amazing root that can ease the inflammation that is appearing in the infected and overworked kidneys. Further on, it can prevent embolism since it prevents the platelets to clump together. It contains antioxidants which are protecting the kidneys and liver from damaging.
- YarrowYarrow is a weed which has incredible medical features. It defeats the inflammation and soothes the pain of the kidneys. Likewise, it involves hemostatic capabilities which can prevent the bleeding and blood in the urine.
RECIPE FOR CLEANING JUICE
- 1 quart of juice (apple, cranberry, melon, or grape).
- 1 tablespoon of dried Marshmallow Root (Althea officinale).
- 1 tablespoon of dried Gravel Root (Eupatorium purpurea).
- 1 tablespoon of dried Hydrangea Root (Hydrangea arborescens).
Start with crushing the ingredients till they become powder by using mortar and pestle. After that, mix 2 ½ ounces of the herbs in the apple juice. The leftover herbs place them in a glass jar with a lid and keep it in a dry and cool place. Next, boil the mixture and pour it in a cup. You can also just add the combined herbs in warm lemon water.
Consume it a few times during the day for a period of 3 days.
All the aforementioned foods will help you in the prevention against the occurrence of some kidney issues, yet you need to know that adequate lifestyle keeps your organ healthy and strong. Likewise, the proper consumption of water during the day maintains the body well hydrated hence preventing the appearance of kidney stones. Drink alcohol moderately, do not consume excessive amounts of salt and keep the balance of the high blood pressure and blood sugar.