Magnesium chloride salts soluble in water, with a taste of salty and bitter.
It is ideal to take them to recover the lost balance between sodium and potassium (in our current diet the first one abounds but, on the other hand, there is a deficit of the second).
In addition, it provides important benefits for the maintenance of health.
However, there may also be some contraindications that need to be known. In this way, possible side effects will be avoided.
What is magnesium chloride for?
Magnesium chloride is composed of chlorine and magnesium.
- Keep in mind that, of the total magnesium that is in our body, almost 60% is in the bones, 26% in the muscles.
- The rest of magnesium would be in the soft tissues and body fluids.
- One of the most important functions of magnesium is to eliminate the calcium that accumulates in some parts of the body, and carry it to the bones.
Benefits of magnesium water for our body
- Magnesium helps us strengthen bones and joints. Thus, it eliminates the calcium that accumulates in some areas of our body, and carries it to the bones.
- Thus, magnesium serves to decalcify the membrane of the joints.
- It is an effective remedy against calcified sclerosis. In addition, it purifies the blood and helps prevent strokes.
- It restores the organs of vital functions in our organism (especially the glands). For example, it activates the kidneys to eliminate uric acid.
- Magnesium reduces intellectual exhaustion, minimizes muscle atrophy and corrects the mineral imbalance in our body.
- The active ingredients of magnesium relieve fatigue and prevent prostate problems.
- Another positive effect of this mineral is that of being an excellent natural tranquilizer. It helps us maintain energy balance in neurons and acts on nerve transmission.
- From the age of 40, magnesium is an essential mineral. And is that our body absorbs a smaller amount of food and the deficit of nutrients can lead to several diseases, in addition to aging.
- Since magnesium is concentrated mainly in the heart, liver, brain and kidneys, its deficiency can cause different ailments.
Magnesium helps against different diseases
Some examples of diseases that can be avoided with magnesium chloride are:
- According to some research, its daily consumption could prevent colorectal cancer.
- With its consumption, you can avoid developing prostate problems.
- Magnesium prevents diabetes and improves the quality of life of those who suffer from it.
- A habitual consumption of magnesium can prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- As we have indicated previously, by preventing uric acid from depositing in the joints, magnesium prevents arthritis.
- It is a very effective active principle to prevent digestive problems and intestinal disorders.
Other pathologies that can improve thanks to magnesium consumption are:
How to include magnesium chloride in my diet to lose weight?
- 1 glass of water (200 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of magnesium chloride (10 g)
- The juice of ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon of honey (7.5 g)
- ice (optional)
- Add a tablespoon of magnesium chloride in a glass of water and mix until it dissolves.
- Next, add the lemon juice, the teaspoon of honey and, if you wish, some ice cubes.
When should I take it?
- We should consume this home remedy 4 times a week in a period of two months.
- Being a dietary supplement, it must be used well to obtain the benefits of magnesium without risking health.
- In order to avoid the adverse effects of magnesium, it is advisable to take this remedy behind breakfast.
Some warnings about magnesium chloride
- We should not confuse magnesium chloride as sodium chloride (the latter is common salt).
- An excess of magnesium chloride in the diet can cause complications. By acting as a laxative it can interrupt the absorption of nutrients.