Many people are suffering from fluid retention which actually means that the tissues are accumulating water due to the imbalance of liquid levels in the body.
The body actually is complex system of hormones that affect the liquid levels due to which the excessive consumption of water would never be a problem because it is eliminated through the urine and sweat.
Fluid retention occurs as a result of:
If your body lacks water it could lead to water retention which occurs as a result of the need for surviving. This leads to swellings in the tissues of the body
- Excessive sodium intake
If you consume excessive amount of sodium and low amount of water it could lead to fluid retention.
- Deficiency of Vitamin B6
In case of deficiency of vitamin B6 you might experience fluid retention. In order to avoid this you will need to consume more seeds, pistachios, chicken, potatoes, bananas, and tuna. These are the best sources of vitamins.
- Deficiency of magnesium
Magnesium is extremely important for the overall health, and if you have low levels in the body it could lead to fluid retention. In order to avoid magnesium deficiency you will need to consume spinach, dried fruits, whole grains, nuts, and avocado.
- Potassium deficiency
In case of potassium deficiency your body could fall into fluid imbalance which results with fluid retention. Potassium is important for regulating the balance of water in the body.
- Processed foods
You should avoid processed foods because they contain sodium and sugar which are the main causes of edema. Instead you should consume:
- More vegetables and fruit that contain flavonoids
- Do regular exercises in order to improve blood circulation especially in the legs, and stimulate the elimination of fluid from the body
- Always when you have the chance elevate the legs in order to rest them and stimulate the movement of fluids
- Avoid consuming salt
- Avoid wearing tight clothes because they prevent circulation
- Don’t use too hot water when you shower in order to prevent dehydration.