Most of you have heard about the great benefits of coconut oil among which best known are improved brain function and fat loss. However, there are more health benefits of coconut oil, here below are ten of them.
- Coconut oil has the ability to regulate blood cholesterol, and as well as reduces the threat of heart concern. Namely, the hydrogenated fats lower the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) levels, and because of that raise the high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol levels. The lowered cardiovascular risk factors reduce the risk of heart problem.
- Coconut oil contains a remarkable combination of fatty acids, and likewise has powerful medicinal properties. Previously it was believed that saturated fatty acids are threat for the health as 90% of the fatty acids in coconut oil are saturated. This belief is far from the actual truth where it was confirmed by many studies that these acids do not pose any risk towards our health. On the contrary, they are extremely beneficial; they boost the metabolism and give extra energy to the body.
It is very beneficial for treating many conditions like diarrhea, liver disease, lung digestion issues, and so on.
- Fatty acids improve Alzheimer disease. These components are good for the brain function and for that reason very beneficial for people who suffer from
Alzheimer’s disease. Dementia is a condition resulting from Alzheimer’s, 60-80% of the patients have it. Nonetheless, coconut oil contains ketones which are very beneficial for Alzheimer’s patients.
- Fatty acids assist in reducing seizures. Seizures are reduced thanks to the ability of fatty acids to be converted into ketones. Therefore, if you have a child who suffers from epileptic seizures, they can be reduced if it consumes coconut oil.
- Due toits lauric acid viruses, bacteria, and fungi are eliminated. Coconut oil has more than 50% of fatty acids which are great for the entire body. Monolaurin, and monoglyceride are created while digesting it, which on the other hand are very effective in eliminating bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Coconut oil successfully fights infections and it can destroy numerous pathogenic viruses such as HIV or herpes and lots of pathogens.
- This oil is helpful in losing the tedious stomach fat. It has the ability to improve the weight loss process, and as well as incites the abdomen fat loss. It also reduces the appetite which will help you in the overall weight loss process. You can add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in your meals and the results will be immediately visible.
- Coconut oil increases energy expenditure. By improving the energy expenditure, it will help the body to lose weight more efficiently, and it will enhance the burning fat process. So, this is an extra reason for using this oil.
- The appetite will be reduced due to satiety hormones. These hormones will be controlled by ketones, which are produced by the liver from the fats, and because of that you will eat less.
- It is great for your skin’s health, and also for the hair. It has the ability to prevent damage to the hair and skin, and for those reasons many cosmetic companies include coconut oil in their products. It is very helpful for foul breath as it can eliminate mouth bacteria. Likewise, coconut oil can be used as a natural sunscreen.
- Coconut oil is terrific for the body health. Many people eat this remarkable oil like the Kitavans and the Tokelauans. Actually, they eat it more than any other people in the world, and they do not suffer from any heart issue.